Today at a press event in Delhi, ESET launched a new version of its premium line of security solutions for home users ESET V10. It is built upon the award-winning NOD32 technology that offers the optimal mix of detection, speed and usability. It also features ESET Password Manager for easier and safer authentication, as well as ESET Secure Data for convenient and strong encryption.
At the event, Mr. Parvinder Walia, Director of Sales and Marketing for Asia Pacific and Japan at ESET explains
“With the increasing trend of digitalization in India from online banking to gaming and entertainment, more than ever users need different layers of protection to safeguard themselves in the cyber world. Our new consumer product portfolio not only provides top notch protection against malware threats, ESET customers can now protect their files, passwords, webcams and even their entire home network,”
Check out What’s New in ESET V10.
- Home Network Protection enables users to test home routers vulnerabilities, such as weak passwords or out-of-date firmware and offers them options for remediation. It also provides an easy-to-access list of connected devices, with devices categorised by type and shows who’s connected. This helps users see how safe their home networks are.
- Webcam Protection is a feature that controls processes and applications that access computer connected web cameras and displays notifications when unwanted applications try to access the camera. ESET Password Manager employs AES‑256 encryption – the world’s leading standard – to store and pre-fill all users’ passwords. It also generates and stores extra-strong new passwords each time the user needs one.
- ESET Password Manager employs AES‑256 encryption – the world’s leading standard – to store and pre-fill all users’ passwords. It also generates and stores extra-strong new passwords each time the user needs one.ESET Secure Data protects against data theft in the event of USB-key or laptop
- ESET Secure Data protects against data theft in the event of USB-key or laptop loss and allows for secure collaboration and data sharing.
- Ransomware protection monitors the behaviour of applications and processes that try to modify your personal data. If an application’s behaviour is considered malicious or reputation-based scanning shows an application to be suspicious, the application is blocked or you will be asked to allow or deny it.
That was a short brief about V10. Let’s talk about the consumers and about the company. ESET currently have 4% Market Share in India and they hope with the ESET V10 they will double up their market share in a couple of years.
They partnered with various companies like Sakri IT Solutions, Deslock (end to end encryption), Storage craft (backup and recovery solutions) to make their Anti-Virus software top notch, and User-Friendly as well.
They didn’t reveal the price of ESET V10 yet, but you can get a rough estimate of pricing on their new website. and start a free trial.
That’s all for now, What do you guys think of ESET V10, tell us your thoughts in the comments below.
Have a Nice Day.