The South Korean Auto Maker has finally unveiled it’s much awaited global B- segment Hyundai Kona after showing lots of teaser videos & images. In India, it will join already leading Indian roads SUV’s Creta, Tucson & Santa Fe. The company wants to increase its production rate or demand rate in SUV segment in Indian market. Hyundai Kona will go on sale in Korea end of this month, followed by North America and Europe. The special edition or we can say IRON MAN edition of Kona which will go on display at Hyundai Motor’s Motorstudio in Seoul, Korea.
With the Kona, we have created a stylish and highly functional compact SUV, perfectly suited to the needs of customers who pursue challenging, action-filled lifestyles. We aim to set new standards for the compact SUV segment, with appealing design, cutting-edge connectivity and class leading safety features,” said Euisun Chung, Vice Chairman of Hyundai Motor Company.
Hyundai Kona features:
- It boasts of masculine protective ‘armor’ with aesthetic LED lighting.
- It got an aggressive body styling, with well proportioned silhouette.
- Slim Day time running lights(DRL) enhances its beauty.
- It comes with Class- leading safety features in form of Forward Collision- Avoidance Assist(FCA), Lane keeping assist(LKA), Blind-spot collision warning(BCW), Rear cross- traffic collision warning(RCCW), High beam assist(HBA) and Driver attention warning(DAW).
- It got Hyundai Motor’s new family identity cascading grille, sporty mesh pattern flanked by exceptional wing-type fenders which is enhancing its design.
- It is equipped with 8-inch touchscreen AVN (Audio, Visual, Navigation) infotainment system and can connected with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
Hyundai Kona specifications:
- It is available in both Petrol & Diesel variant but with different engine options depends on the Market.
- The 2.0L MPI Atkinson petrol engine produces Max power of 146bhp and churns the Torque around 179 Nm.
- It got the 6- speed Automatic Transmission.
- Diesel engine 1.6L T-GDI engine develops Max power of 174bhp and churns the Torque around 265 Nm.
- It got the 7- speed dual clutch Automatic gearbox.
- It also get a small engine of 1.0L T-GDI turbocharged 3-cylinder engine with 6-speed manual gearbox.
- It produce the Max Power of 118 bhp and churns the Torque around 172 Nm.
- It will also available in the Four Wheel Drive option.
So, guys what do you think about the “Kona” will it increase the demand of SUV segment of Hyundai in Indian market, tell us your views in the comment box if you are willing to buy it and don’t forget to tell us the car & bike about which you want to get more information and follow us on FaceBook and Twitter.
Subscribe to LikelyFad to receive all the latest updates about Tech, Movies, and Automotive in your Inbox.
Have a Nice Day;