The American Auto maker brand Jeep is all set to tackle the Indian market with its much awaited compact SUV 2017 Jeep Compass. Jeep entered the Indian market with its astonishing variants:- Wrangler Unlimited & Grand Cherokee. Both of them don’t get that kind of massive response which company assume from the cars. Now, the company have decided to attract more valuable customers with the all new Compact SUV 2017 Jeep Compass.
The car was sighted testing many times on the Indian roads under camouflage. With this affordable SUV launch, the company will focus on those customers which are not eligible for buying their already launched cars which come under Elite club because of its high prices.The production of the car has already started at Fiat’s production facility in Ranjangaon, Maharashtra. Compass is going to be the first product from the American carmaker that has been made in India. A good news is that India is going to be the only country which will deliver this car to all those Right-hand drive countries. The all new compact SUV made its world premiere in September 2016 and its Indian derivative was introduced to the media in April 2017.
2017 Jeep Compass features:
- It is equipped with 7- inch Touchscreen infotainment system which is mated with a 6-speaker sound system and can connect with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
- It got the Dual Zone climate control with push button start/stop and reverse parking sensor with a camera.
- It got the many Safety features like- 6- airbags, All-speed traction control system, ABS with EBD, electronic parking brake, and ISOFIX anchorages for child booster seats still much more.
- It is available in 5- different colour options- Hydro Blue, Exotica Red, Brilliant Black, Vocal White and Minimal Grey.
2017 Jeep Compass specifications:
- It will be available in both the Petrol & Diesel variant.
- The Diesel 2.0- litre engine delivers the Max Power of 173 PS.
- It churns the Peak Torque around 350 Nm.
- The Diesel 1.4- litre engine delivers the Max Power of 162 PS.
- It churns the Peak Torque around 250 Nm.
- Both the engines are propelled by FCA (Fiat Chrysler Automobiles) Group.
- Both the Diesel engine is mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox.
- The 9-speed Automatic Transmission at the diesel engine will be introduced early next year.
- The company is offering the car in All wheel drive and Front wheel drive which delivers the fuel-efficiency of 17.1kmpl and 16.3kmpl respectively(According to ARAI).
2017 Jeep Compass price & rivals:
The all new Compact SUV Compass price starts from INR 14.95 lakh and leads to INR 20.65 lakh. In this price segment, it will be the rival for leading cars like- Hyundai Tucson, Tata Hexa, Honda CR-V and Mahindra XUV 500.
So, guys what do you think about the India manufactured Jeep Compass, will it beat all of its rivals, If anyone of you are willing to buy this, tell us your views in the comment box and don’t forget to tell us the car & bike about which you want to get more information and follow us on FaceBook and Twitter.
Subscribe to LikelyFad to receive all the latest updates about Tech, Movies, and Automotive in your Inbox.
Have a nice day;