New Audi Q5 now bigger but light weight
Audi unveiled the second generation of Audi Q5 in the Paris Auto Expo. There is no doubt that Audi Q5 is one of from the most selling cars on International platforms as well as in India. New Audi Q5 is based on the Volkswagen Group’s MLB Evo platform which is also the concept for new Audi A4. New Audi Q5 will go on sale in the starting of Next year(2017). The first generation of Aud Q5 was revealed in 2008 and it took 9-years by Audi to make new model more elegant, expressive, comfort, sophisticated and youthful.
Audi Q5 design:
New Audi Q5 is completely different from its previous model.
- It is bigger than older one by 4.66m in length, 1.89m in width and 1.66m tall.
- It got huge wheelbase of 2.82m.
- New Q5 is bigger but lighter in weight by using high-strength steel and aluminium in construction which decreases approximately 90kg of new Q5.
- It got single frame grille at the front with either LED or Matrix LED headlights according to the desired model.
- In the rear, Q5 got a curved tailgate that tapers on SUV’s fenders with sharper tail lights which look quite good.
The design and characteristics of the second generation Q5 are similar to Audi Q7.
- Q5 got huge 12.3-inch display as the instrument cluster.
- It also got7-inch free-standing screen which will take care of the infotainment needs of occupation.
- Top models will be equipped with an 8.3-inch screen that will be compatible with MMI navigation plus with MMi touch.
- Top models will also get the feature of a heated steering wheel with an ambient lighting system that consists 30 different colours.
Audi Q5 specifications:
- The second generation Audi Q5 will get more powerful engine i.e. 4-TDI diesel engine and 1-TFSI petrol engine.
- The 2.0 TDI engine will churn 148BHP, 161BHP and 188BHP according to the state of tune.
- The 3.0 TDI will churn 282BHP and 620Nm of Torque.
- The Petrol beast 2.0 TFSI will churn 248BHP.
- Transmissions will be according to versions, it includes 6-speed manual, 7-speed S-Tronic and 8-speed Tiptronic(Only for 3.0 TDI).
- Second generation Q5 will be available in FWD as well as in AWD depends on the version.
Audi Q5 rivals:
Audi Q5 will face the huge rivalry from the Mercedes GLC and new upcoming model of BMW X3.
So, guys what do you think about second generation model of Audi Q5 will it again win the hearts of SUV lovers tell us your views in the comment box, follow us on all social sites and stay updated to technology. Don’t forget to share this post between your friends as they are important too.
Have a nice day;