The Indian Motorcycle brand TVS has really amazed and thrilled the whole world with its last few launched in the Two-wheeler segment. In 2016, the company surprised every sports bike lover with its Apache 200 4V, the bike really won the heart of all age group people from youngsters to middle age. It really uplifted the sales of the company. Apache is really a name on which all TVS fans believe. At the end of last 2017, the company launched Apache 310 whose engine is derived from BMW 310R. The company is not only putting its effort in the Bike segment but also in the scooter segment. In the Auto Expo 2018, the company launched TVS NTorq scooter which has really stunned the all 125cc scooter segment by all the never before features. Now, the company has launched TVS Apache 160 4V in the Indian market but the Apache 160 4V problems will make you think twice before buying it.
Table Of Contents
Apache 160 4V problems:
TVS is a very well known brand for the global market, all the bikes have made an impact on the billions of hearts all over the world. These mentioned problems are based on the bikers who drive the all-new Apache 160 4V. So, all these problems can be discussed before buying new Apache 160 4V.
Front Brake Issue:
According to the riders, all new Apache 160 4V is equipped with 270mm Disc at Front and 200mm Disc at Rear and here comes the problem Front braking is not good as it should be. Braking is the most important thing while riding a bike so the company should resolve this as soon as possible.
TVS has really done a great job in managing the Engine heat by providing an Oil cooling which dissipates most of the heat but @ 9,000 rpm it all goes faint. Sad but true it gets notchy and stiff. Vibrations can be felt at the tank and Handlebar.
No ABS(Anti-lock braking system) provided:
It feels like in India there is none going to think about the value of the life of Riders until the supreme court gives the order to put ABS in the bikes of having 150cc engines and more. The company has not even provided ABS as an Option in Apache 160 4V.
Apache 160 4V Specifications:
The all new Apache 160 4V is available in 3- Options(2- Carb & EFI)
- It is propelled by 160 (159.7) cc SI, 4 strokes, oil cooled engine.
- It(Carburettor variant) develops the Max power of 16.28 bhp @ 8,000 rpm and churns the Peak Torque around 14.8 Nm @ 6,500 rpm.
- It reaches from 0-60km/h in just 4.8 Sec and has the Top speed of 113km/H.
- It(EFI variant) develops the Max power of 16.56 bhp @ 8,000 rpm and churns the Peak Torque around 14.8 Nm @ 6,500 rpm.
- It reaches from 0-60km/h in just 4.73 Sec and has the Top speed of 114km/H.
- All the variants are equipped with 5- Speed gearbox.
- The braking system is maintained by single-Disc @ Front- 270 mm and single-Disc @ Rear- 200 mm with Tubeless Tyres at both ends but it misses out on ABS.
- It has the Fuel Tank capacity of 12- litres with 2.5- litre Reserve tank.
- According to ARAI, it will deliver the mileage of about 60km/L.
Apache 160 4V Dimensions:
- Engine Type Carb EFI
- Lenght 2050 mm 2035 mm
- Width 790 mm 790 mm
- Height 1050 mm 1050 mm
- Wheelbase 1357 mm 1357 mm
- Ground Clearance 180 mm 180 mm
- Kerb Weight 143 kg 147 kg
- Fuel Tank 12 L 12 L
- Reserve 2.5 L 2.5 L
Apache 160 4V price & rivals:
TVS has launched the all-new Apache 160 4V in three variants at different prices which are very reasonable.
TVS Carburettor Single Disc- INR 81,490 (Ex-showroom, New Delhi)
TVS Carburettor Double Disc- INR 84,490 (Ex-showroom, New Delhi)
TVS EFI(Electronic Fuel Injection) Double Disc- INR 89,990 (Ex-showroom, New Delhi)
In the 160cc segment, we have already many bikes which are performing very well in Mid-range sports bike segment which will compete with the 2018 Apache 160 4V are:- Yamaha Fz, Honda Hornet, Honda X-blade, Bajaj Pulsar NS 160 and many more.
So, guys what do you think about the 2018 TVS Apache 160 4V problems will it let all the bike riders to snatch its charm from their heart, tell us your views in the comment box and tell us the car & bike about which you want to get more information and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Subscribe to LikelyFad to receive all the latest updates about Tech, Movies, and Automotive in your Inbox.
Have a nice day;