Facebook says it’s now streaming more video than YouTube. Be it to send on a different platform or to stream the video offline, we all have had situations where we needed to download a particular video from Facebook. So, today we have a visual guide on How To Download Facebook Videos Step By Step.
Downloading a Facebook video is easy and is made even easier by websites that convert a Facebook video directly to a .mp4 file type.
How To Download Facebook Videos
STEP 1: Open Facebook and the Video you wish to Download
Okay, this step seems self-explanatory – just open the video you wish to download
STEP 2: Copy the URL from the Address Bar of the browser
Copy the URL from the address bar ( the top bar having https://faceboook.com/. Click on the bar and the URL will turn to blue. Use Ctrl+ C to copy the URL or Right Click on the address bar and click Copy from the drop-down menu.
Or, Right-click on the video and click ‘Show video URL’, then copy the URL link that is displayed on the page.
STEP 3: Go to a website that downloads Facebook videos directly from the Internet.
Here are some of the websites which we would recommend:
In this demo, we are using fbdownloader.com however the steps remain the same for all the websites.
- Click on the box asking to paste the URL
- Press Ctrl + V on the keyboard at the same time or right-click and click Paste from the menu.
- Click GO
- A window showing the video details and the type of video you wish to download will show up
- Click on the quality of the Facebook video you wish to download. SD refers to Standard Definition and HD refers to High Definition. HD videos will, in general, be larger than their SD counterparts.
- On clicking any of the two options, a save as dialog box will open. Specify the location where you want the video to be saved and specify the name of the video.
- Click on the Save Button
These are the steps to be followed to download a Facebook video. In order to download a Facebook video on a smartphone, the same process can be followed- copy the URL, go to the fbdownloader.net and click on GO.
Also one can also download a Facebook video downloader app from the Google Play Store to download videos directly. However, we would recommend using the web-based method mentioned above to download Facebook videos.