Oneplus 5T was launched finally with some updates featuring the 6-inch Full View Display with a great price tag, but there was some pretty exciting news for the Oneplus 5 users too at the launch event. Though Oneplus 5T will get an Official Oreo build before 2018, whereas Oneplus 5 users will have to wait a bit to get the official stable build. Carl Pie stated that Oneplus 5 users will get the build in early 2018. However the Oneplus 5 Android O Beta program will kick off this month and the users will have a chance to experience the Oreo on their Oneplus 5, little buggy but working.
Though that will happen when Oneplus will announce the Oneplus 5 Open Program. However, if i say you can download and use Oxygen OS Oreo right now on your Oneplus 5. Sounds good?
XDA Developer user HatRiGt posted an Oxygen Os Beta build on XDA saying that this build is the official Oxygen OS Beta build based on Oxygen OS v4.5.2, and that was rolled out to the closed group of beta testers and it got leaked.
So there are some visual changes that can be seen right away after the first boot and some more changes like
- New UI design Gallery (2.0.25 app version)
- New UI design Camera (2.4.17 app version)
- New Launcher (2.1.6 app version)
- PIP Mode
Instructions to flash Oneplus 5 Android O Beta
1. First, you need to flash the stock recovery ( you can’t flash the ROM on twrp recovery).
2. Reboot the phone to stock recovery.
3. Wipe all data (everything).
4. Then Select Install Via ADB option
5. Now Sideload The downloaded zip file.
6. After completing, now reboot the phone.
7. Hurray!! Now you are on Oreo.
BUGS (Since its beta)
- Video recording not working.
- Call bug. (solved. Goto call settings and disable noise cancellation)
Guide to revert Back to previous ROMs
1. Take a backup of your data to pc.
2. If you are on stock recovery, wipe everything.
3. If you are on twrp recovery, flash stock recovery and wipe everything.
4. Now open stock recovery.
5. Now connect the phone to Pc.
6. Now sideload any stock ROM (full zip).
7. That’s it. Reboot the phone.
Guide to Root Oneplus 5 Android O Beta
1. Firstly flash twrp using Fastboot Method.
2. Then boot into twrp.
3. Now go to “wipe” and click “format data”
4. Then, in recovery simply go back (without reboot)
5. Connect your phone to pc and copy newest magisk zip in root folder of your phone
6. now flash magisk zip file and reboot into the system.
So what do you think of this Oneplus 5 Android O Beta build, will you install it or wait for the official Open beta? Tell us your thoughts in the comment below.
That’s it for now. If you liked this post, share it with your friends and don’t forget to like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Subscribe to LikelyFad to receive all the latest updates about Tech, Movies, and Automotive in your Inbox. If you want our content to get delivered to your mobile as soon we post, click on the Bell icon on the bottom left of the page.
Have a Nice Day.