WinRAR is the most used compression and extraction file used worldwide. The best part about WinRAR is that its easy to use and is available completely free of cost. Though 99% of the time it works fine, there are times when you may come across some WinRAR extraction errors that you don’t know how to fix.
Addressing the situation in advance for you guys here are all the extraction errors you might come across on your device and possible fixes for all of them.
Most Common WinRAR Extraction Errors
Here are all the errors you might come across while unzipping a RAR file.
- Unknown Format of file– This error generally occurs due to incomplete download probably due to an internet connection issue. Sometimes file also get corrupted when you pause them while downloading.
- Files missing to extract– This error mainly occurs due to improper download causing corruption of the data. When you try to extract the file, it cannot execute the function and shows this error.
- Unexpected end of file error– This error occurs due to the corruption of file may be at the sender’s end or your end. This corruption might be caused by any virus or any software interruption with the file.
- The archive is corrupt– This error mainly occurs due to improper compression of the files, which leads to corrupted data.
- The filename is too long– when the file name or path crosses 260 characters, WinRAR is not able to process the file. The best thing to do is to rename the file that must fix the error.
- Runtime error while extraction– A runtime error can be caused by all of the above reasons and can be fixed by using the tool mentioned below.
Why do these errors occur?
WinRAR extraction errors occur for a variety of reasons. It may vary from virus attacks, incomplete download, CRC error due to mismatching of file size, error during compression, and a lot more.
Most of the time, access to these corrupted files is not possible directly. To enable using these files to be used again, they must be fixed before extracting still.
How to fix these errors?
The most recommended solution to your extraction issues is a WinRAR Repair application. The application analyzes the file you would like to fix and creates a new fixed copy of the file then can be used without any errors occurring.
The tool is compatible with all formats of RAR files and has a wide range of options for every sort of file, be it encrypted RAR or a normal compressed one.
Features of Remo WinRAR repair application
WinRAR Repair is the most used repair application to fix corrupted RAR files. The reason it is so famous is because of the feature sets it includes:
- The software has support for a wide range of RAR file versions like WinRAR 4.00, WinRAR 2.90, WinRAR 3.90, WinRAR 2.00, WinRAR 2.80, WinRAR 3.50, WinRAR 5.50, WinRAR 5.40 and many more.
- Support for password-protected, large or small or multipart files.
- Very easy to use and doesn’t affect the original file.
Steps to use Remo WinRAR Repair application
- Install the WinRAR repair application on your windows device. Download Here
- Using the browse option find the RAR file you want to fix and select it
- Click on the Repair button to fix the file.
- If the application has successfully fixed your RAR file, then select the target drive for saving the attached file.
There are also many other applications available on the internet; you can always choose between them depending on the cost and how good they are.
So, that was our list of the Top 6 Most Encountered WinRAR extraction errors and Fixes. If you have ever faced any other WinRAR extraction errors other than these, let us know in the comments below.
Also, Like and share this with your friends who might need knowledge about the same.